Friday, December 14, 2007

Done with Finals, finally!



Haven't posted anything in a week or so. Decided to put up some work from past quarters at Ai. Finals ate up most of my time this week. In the end, my creature design turned out great and so did my 3d-modelled human head.



I could have worked harder on my last maquette, but I wanted to focus more on my creature. I didn't see much point in wasting clay on a pointless maquette. One that I would present to the class for 5 minutes and then never have a use for.

I'm glad I spent the extra time on my designs. Its definitely going in the portfolio, in its current form or some other. I've started working on a seperate maquette, that I can sculpt and not rush.



Over break I'm gonna be working on a beefing up my demo reel with flash animations. I'm also entering into a flash bumper contest with a buddy of mine. It needs to be 5-30 seconds long and the deadline is Jan. 21. Sounds easy, but the animation and design will have to be impeccable. Grand prize is $2,000 for the open category and $500 for students. Will have to see how well it turns out and decide which we'll enter. Heck, if I could do this year round...and earn money doing it, that'd be great.

I'm also working on a new portfolio design. Something in the lines of the new logo above. But, the art dump begins...



3rd Quarter, Class: Advanced Drawing for Animation, the assignment was to create 5 self portraits (10 drawings total) each in a different art style.



3rd Quarter, Class: Digital Imaging, assignment was to texture a wooden crate with a logo. (Cardboard boxes shipped in wooden crates?! HA!!! the irony!!!)


1st Quarter, Class: Drawing and Perspective, assignment was to draw a portrait of someone of our choice. Feeling lucky punk?


2nd Quarter, Class: Color and Design, part of our final project. self portrait.

No comments: